Halo: Game Info
Halo is a popular sci-fi first-person shooter series from Microsoft, which has sold over 65 million copies since the first Halo: Combat Evolved game on the original Xbox.
Halo really came to the fore with the launch of Halo II, which was one of the first and most popular console games with online multiplayer connectivity via Xbox Live.
In the single-player mode, players control super soldier Master Chief and take down hordes of aliens, while in multiplayer two teams of four (red vs blue) compete in a variety of modes to win.
The term 'Halo' refers to the Halo rings: large, habitable superweapons that were created to destroy the parasitic Flood aliens.
A mysterious and unstoppable force threatens the galaxy while the Master Chief is missing and his loyalty questioned. Experience the most dramatic Halo story to date in a 4-player cooperative epic that spans three worlds.
In Halo 5: Guardians, the Arena multiplayer mode represents Halo’s established legacy of pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
- Platforms: Xbox One (Halo 5)
- Typical game length: 10mins
- Players: 4v4
- Genre: Shooter
- Price: Around £20
- Latest release: Halo 5: Guardians
- Publisher: Microsoft
- Notable tournaments: Halo World Championship, Halo Championship Series Pro League
- Website: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-GB
- Popularity: 65m+ players across the Halo series, 5m+ sales of Halo 5
- Twitch: 840,000 hours viewed on Twitch as of October 2016 across all viewers
- Launched: October 2015 (Halo 5)
- Pegi age rating: 16
- Other Pegi info: Realistic looking violence