Overwatch: Game Info
Overwatch is a 6v6 team-based first-person shooter with a cartoon-like look and feel.
Players compete in modes such as Escort, where one team leads a payload to a set destination, and the other must prevent them from getting there, and Assault, where the two teams attempt to take or defend capture points across the map.
There are more than 20 different playable characters, with gamers able to pay to unlock loot boxes, which contain randomly generated costumes, victory poses and more.
In a time of global crisis, an international task force of
heroes banded together to restore peace to a war-torn world: Overwatch.
Overwatch ended the crisis, and helped maintain peace in the decades that followed, inspiring an era of exploration, innovation, and discovery. But, after many years, Overwatch’s influence waned, and it was eventually disbanded.
Now, conflict is rising across the world again, and the call has gone out to heroes old and new. Are you with us?
- Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
- Typical game length: 10-20mins
- Players: 6v6
- Genre: First-person shooter
- Price: Around £30-40 (plus optional in-game microtransactions)
- Notable tournaments: Overwatch World Cup, MLG, DreamHack
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Website: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/
- Popularity: 20m players (as of October 2016)
- Twitch: 14.5mhours viewed in October 2016 across all viewers
- Launched: May 2016
- Pegi age rating: 12
- Other Pegi info: Non realistic looking violence towards human characters