SMITE: Game Info
As a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game with a twist, SMITE features similar laning-style gameplay to League of Legends and Dota 2, but instead of an isometric, zoomed-out camera angle, the game places the player behind the shoulder of their champion in a third-person perspective.
This gives the game a more action feel, and has set the game apart from the competition. In recent years the competitive SMITE scene has taken off, with a dedicated, passionate player base.
SMITE won the AMD esports Audience Award at the video game BAFTAs in 2016.
SMITE is an online battleground between mythical gods. SMITE is similar to DotA games but with a few significant changes including a third-person perspective and WASD movement. Players choose from a selection of gods, join session based 5 versus 5 arena combat, and use custom powers and team tactics against other players and minions. SMITE is free-to-play and is a digital download for the PC.
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Typical game length: 30mins
- Players: 5v5
- Genre: MOBA
- Price: Free (with optional in-game microtransactions)
- Publisher: Hi-Rez Studios
- Notable tournaments: SMITE World Championship, SMITE Pro League
- Website: https://www.smitegame.com/
- Popularity: 20m+ player accounts
- Twitch: 2.4m hours viewed on Twitch as of October 2016 across all viewers
- Launched: March 2014
- Pegi age rating: 12
- Other Pegi info: Non realistic looking violence towards human characters