National Esports Federation significantly bolsters its advisory board with a number of exciting appointments in its ongoing efforts to promote esports, improve the standards of esports throughout the UK and to inspire future British esports talent.
Sunderland, UK, Thursday 12th January, 2022 – British Esports, the national body set up to support grassroots esports in the UK, are thrilled to welcome a number of significant additions to its advisory board.
Established in 2016, the aims of the advisory board members are to provide their knowledge and input into the ongoing state of development of esports throughout the UK, as well as advice and guidance on future projects, pilots and initiatives of the British Esports Federation.
Initiatives include such activity as the state of the art National Esports Performance Campus due to open in 2023, the award winning Women in Esports initiative focused on diversity and inclusion in esports, as well as the Student Champs, British Esports’ very own amateur grassroots esports tournament, open to students aged 12+ at schools and colleges throughout the UK.
Joining an already vastly experienced advisory board that includes representatives from British government, leading education institutions, sports, video games, esports and wider industry, British Esports is delighted to welcome 6 new additions, including;
- Kirsty Endfield Founder, Swipe Right PR
- Camilla Maurice Employer Engagement Manager, MidKent College
- Becky Wright Senior Partnerships Manager, National Student Esports (NSE)
- Professor Philip Wilson Chair of the Board, College of Esports
- Shoubna Naika-Taylor Curriculum Manager of Digital, Coventry College
- Sue Lavasani, Senior Account Manager, Heaven Media
This accomplished and diverse group will join already established board members in working towards British Esports’ ongoing objectives of promoting esports throughout the UK, improving levels of esports accessibility and infrastructure and to help inspire future British esports talent.
- Alice Dearing OLY British Olympian and British Athletes Commission Ambassador
- Andrew Nixon Head of Sports, Sheridans
- Craig Fletcher Executive Chairman, Player 1 Events
- David Yarnton Partner & Chief of Business Development, Kinguin
- Josh Williams Founder, NUEL
- Mary Antieul VP, Customer and Strategy, Belong Arenas
- Professor Andy Miah Chair of Science Communication & Future Media, University of Salford
- Ramesh Singh Programme Coordinator & Senior Lecturer in Esports, University of Chichester
- Ryan Hart Project Coordinator, ESL
The British Esports advisory board will now be composed of 15 members.
“Our advisory board has been a vital part of British Esports over the years and I’m delighted to welcome our new members.” said Andy Payne OBE, Chair, British Esports. “Thanks to their ongoing support and guidance, British Esports continues to increase levels of awareness throughout the UK, and more recently on the international stage.”
“We’re delighted to have such a diverse and inclusive advisory board here at British Esports.” said Chester King, CEO, British Esports. “The collective knowledge and experience of esports has significantly grown throughout the UK in recent years, and it’s important we recognise and seek guidance from those playing a key role in shaping our industry.”
British Esports would also like to extend its enormous thanks and gratitude to outgoing advisory board members, including Mark Candella and Michael O’Dell.
## ENDS ##
Adam McGowan | Marketing Director | British Esports | Email: [email protected]
About British Esports
British Esports is a not-for-profit organisation established in 2016 to support and promote esports in the UK. As a national body, its aims are to foster future British talent, increase the awareness of esports and provide expertise and advice. It’s focused on the grassroots level of esports and is not a governing body. The Federation helps educate the masses – including parents, teachers, media and government – around what esports is and what its benefits are. Its three goals are to promote, improve and inspire. For more information and all the latest news, visit www.britishesports.org or follow British Esports on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok.