- This event has passed.
Esports in Education Summit 2022
30th June 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
British Esports is pleased to announce the return of the annual Esports in Education Summit this year.
Scheduled to take place on Thursday June 30th, 2022, the fourth annual edition of the Esports in Education Summit, sponsored by Pearson, and brought to you by British Esports and Association of Colleges Sport (AOC), will be a hybrid event with spaces available for attendees on the day.
The Esports in Education Summit brings together Senior Leaders, Curriculum Managers, Lecturers, as well as Team Coaches, from across the UK, to discuss the impact, developments and opportunities available in competitive gaming and esports in schools and colleges.
A range of keynotes, panel discussions, and sessions with industry leaders as well as experts from across the education sector will discuss a wide variety of topics, including:
- Esports: the competitive activity of the future
- British Esports and the Student Championships (The story so far)
- Career pathways in esports
- Wider Impact Projects – Diversity and Inclusion
- Esports in Education: Academic development in Further Education and Higher Education
- How sport and esports can mutually benefit – Commonwealth Games
- A special tour of Confetti X – the brand new purpose built esports arena at Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies (physical attendees only)
There will also be opportunity to discuss solutions to challenges and learn from schools and colleges who are in varied stages of esports development.
Tickets are FREE and are available to book via the Event Page. Visitors will also be offered the opportunity to visit the brand new purpose built esports arena at Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, scheduled to host the British Esports Student Champs Finals on the 2nd and 3rd July 2022.
British Esports are delighted to welcome the following speakers to this years summit;
- Dean Hardman, Director of Sport and Student Experience, Association of Colleges
- Dr Melita Moore, Board Member and Chair, Health & Wellness Commission, Global Esports Federation
- Laura Hall, Product Manager BTEC Business and Esports Portfolio, Pearson
- Gin Rai, Esports Manager & Higher Education Course Leader, Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies
- Abby Reynolds, Head of Community, NUEL
- Billie Purdie, Women in Esports Manager, British Esports Federation
- Pro. Andy Miah, Chair of Science Communication & Future Media, University of Salford, Manchester.
- Mark L’Estrange, Esports Program and Course Manager, Exeter College
- Alex Davies, Head of Performance, Resolve
- Lauren Timson, Lecturer in Esports, Games Design and Media, Cheshire College South & West
- Dave Martin, Head of Strategy, British Esports Federation
- Kalam Neale, Director of Education, Strategic Esports Group, Curriculum Lead, Barnsley College
- Grant Rousseau, Former Director of Esports/Operations, Guild, formerly of Excel and OverActive Media
- Dom Sacco, Founder and Editor, Esports News UK
- Tom Dore, Head of Education, British Esports Federation
- Professor Philip Wilson, Chair and Founder, College of Esports
- Chester King, Founder and CEO, British Esports Federation
Bookmark this page to stay up to date with all the latest news and announcements.