British Esports’ award winning Women in Esports initiative bolsters its committee with 7 additional members, as it continues to improve representation and diversity in esports.
Sunderland, UK, 10th November, 2022 – British Esports, the national body set up to support grassroots esports in the UK, are pleased to confirm the addition of several new committee members to its award winning Women in Esports initiative.
Established in 2019, the Women in Esports initiative has delivered numerous events, dedicated tournaments, community initiatives and educational content throughout the past 3 years, as it continues to help grow wider representation and diversity in the esports scene.
Representing some of the leading institutions in esports, video games and education, the Women in Esports committee is currently made up of 10 members from a variety of roles, including Broadcast, PR, Event Management, Operations, Hosting, Research, Strategy, Talent Management and more. Existing members of the committee include:
- Morgan Ashurst, Head of Media, ESI, Chair, Women in Esports Committee
- Milly Clay, VP Digital Marketing Platform, ESL FACEIT Group, Vice-Chair, Women in Esports Committee
- Alice Leaman, Head of Operations, British Esports
- Bryony-Hope Green, Content Manager, British Esports
- Billie Purdie, Women in Esports Manager, British Esports
- Seriera Lavasani, Senior Account Manager, Heaven Media
- Kirsty Endfield, Founder & Director, Swipe Right PR
- Tasha Jones, Esports Product Manager, BLAST
- Mary Antieul, VP Customer & Strategy, Belong, VINDEX LLC
- Freya Spiers, Esports Host & Assistant Producer, ESL FACEIT Group
British Esports are delighted to welcome an additional 8 members to the Women in Esports committee as of November 2022, including:
- Jasmine Hong, Operations Executive, British Esports
- Leah Alexandra, Content Creator, EXCEL
- Dominika Szot, Head of Brand Strategy, GRID Esports
- Karen Low, Managing Director EMEA, Story Mob
- Becks Donaldson, Talent Executive, DotXTalent
- Becky Wright, Senior Partnerships Manager, NSE
- Giulia Zecchini, Commercial Strategy Director, ESL FACEIT Group
“Having been with Women in Esports since its inception, it’s been a true pleasure to see the growth and developments we’ve had so far.” said Morgan Ashurst, Chair Women in Esports Committee. “We’re incredibly proud of the committee we’ve built with our current and newest members. More so now than ever we have the talent, knowledge and tools to drive impact and deliver long-standing change within esports.”
“I am both grateful to previous members of the committee as well as excited to have such a talented and revolutionary new team behind Women in Esports.” said Billie Purdie, Women in Esports Manager. “With the growth that we have seen recently, it is important that we continue to strive forward and initiate new discussions in making esports more inclusive.”
British Esports would also like to extend its thanks and gratitude to outgoing committee members including Mia Stellberg, Yinsu Collins, Zoe Summers, and Maria Stukoff for their contributions to the growth of the initiative and its continued success.
For more information on the new additions to the Women in Esports committee, please visit https://bit.ly/wie-committee.
## ENDS ##
Adam McGowan | Marketing Director | British Esports | Email: [email protected]
About British Esports
British Esports is a not-for-profit organisation established in 2016 to support and promote esports in the UK. As a national body, its aims are to foster future British talent, increase the awareness of esports and provide expertise and advice. It’s focused on the grassroots level of esports and is not a governing body. The Federation helps educate the masses – including parents, teachers, media and government – around what esports is and what its benefits are. Its three goals are to promote, improve and inspire. For more information and all the latest news, visit www.britishesports.org or follow British Esports on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok.