British Esports is looking for volunteer admins who can work with a team to help support the schools and colleges participating in the 2022/23 British Esports Student Champs.
We’re looking for volunteer admins per title in the British Esports Student Champs:
- Rocket League
- Overwatch 2
- League of Legends
Although each volunteer admin will be selected for a certain game, all admins should help each other with tickets and advice if they are available.
If you’re keen to develop and gain skills as a tournament admin, and passionate about supporting grassroots esports, please look at the description below and if interested, apply with a CV and cover letter. This is designed for applicants who would like to gain experience and have flexible availability.
If you feel the volunteer admin role is not quite suited to your skill set, please look at the head admin role, or the other roles available.
Please note: We can only appoint applicants who are not currently playing for a team in the British Esports Student Champs. Admins from 2021-22 Champs year will also be required to reapply for 2022-23, so the application process is fair and open to all. This is a voluntary role.
Applications close Wednesday 31st August 2022.
- Help run the Student Champs tournaments on match days (primarily Wednesdays each week, but there may be times outside of this)
- Help with the check-in procedures
- Answer questions and queries about the Student Champs in the Discord server
- Be a point of contact for teachers to help with disputes or issues, and to provide advice and assistance
- Ensure the ruleset and code of conduct are followed
- Investigate and resolve support tickets on the platform – tickets will be assigned to all admins
- Ensure matches are played and chased for any overdue
- Report to British Esports’ operations team
- Knowledge of how an esports tournament works and a willingness to learn
- Must be available and easily contactable each Wednesday throughout the academic term, 3-6pm each week.
- Fixtures will run throughout the academic term from September-December 2022 and January-June 2023
- Matches officially take place by default at 4pm, but support may be required before and after that
- Be available to join support voice channels on Discord and help moderate if required
- In-depth understanding of the game you’re applying for (Overwatch/League of Legends/Rocket League/VALORANT)
- Keep up to date on patch notes and updates of chosen title
- Work well in a team and able to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow admins/staff/participants
- Able to make impartial decisions and respectfully communicate the outcome to players and teachers
- Attend the provided safeguarding training session along with providing the relevant information for the DBS checks.
This is a freelance paid role. This role is one of several freelance and volunteer positions British Esports is looking to fill around its 2022-23 British Esports Student Champs for schools and colleges.
Benefits of getting involved:
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for more experience in esports and to work on an exciting, growing gaming project within schools and colleges.
Through working for us, you can:
- Meet like-minded people.
- Help support grassroots esports.
- Inspire students in schools and colleges.
- Receive advice and network – get your foot in the door for possible future work in the esports industry.
- Gain valuable experience, as well as free safeguarding training and a DBS check. There may also be the chance for successful volunteers to receive merch discounts or other freebies in the future.