With great regret, the British Esports Association has taken the difficult decision to postpone the 2021 British Esports Championships Spring Divisions, due to the recent announcements regarding schools and colleges across the UK during the global pandemic.
Obviously, this is a very stressful time for many students, teachers, parents and others, and we understand that communication is becoming more and more difficult. It is our hope that we can use this time to create a better environment for students to participate in the Championships from a home setting, and make the communication process more streamlined for teachers.
Our main priorities right now are:
- Making sure the Championships remains a safe, and positive experience for students in an uncertain educational future.
- Making sure we comply with government regulations and advice.
- Making sure we provide a platform where students can still compete against each other, even on a remote level.
To help implement these priorities, we are taking the following actions:
- As it stands currently, we are postponing the Spring Season until after February Half-Term (22nd).
- We will be reviewing the situation on a week-by-week basis, and provide regular updates where possible.
- We will endeavour to provide opportunities for students to be involved in smaller scale events such as interim tournaments (to be confirmed).
In the meantime, we are encouraging participants to scrim against each other as much as possible to keep up the competitive spirit!
Also, if teams are interested in participating in ‘Wednesday show matches’ on our Twitch channel, then please reach out to us at email@example.com, or via Discord, and we can look to showcase this in the coming weeks.
The British Esports Championships team