The British Esports Association is seeking volunteer tournament admins to help with the inaugural 2018/19 British Esports Championships for schools and colleges. (PLEASE NOTE this is now closed as of October 3rd)
The Championships get underway on October 10th and will run across three games: League of Legends, Overwatch and Rocket League. They are for students aged 12-19.
We’re looking for someone who knows the games like the back of their hand, is passionate about organising tournaments and is familiar with tournament formats. Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading!
Please note: It is not possible to admin in one game and play in another.
What is a tournament admin?
Tournament admins (sometimes called referees) arrange seeding and fixtures of tournament brackets, record the outcome of matches, ensure players don’t break the rules and hand out penalties if they do.
- Help the Head Admin run the tournament on the day
- Be the first point of contact for players
- Establish a relationship with the community
- Be easily contactable on match days
- Experience playing in or running tournaments
- Good understanding of the game
- Great interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team
- Able to make impartial decisions
Nice to have
- Previous esports admin experience
- Experience working with other tournament platforms e.g. Battlefy, Challonge
- Customer service experience
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for more experience in esports and to work on an exciting, growing gaming project within schools and colleges.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
If you’re interested in being notified of other volunteer positions at British Esports, please email us at email@example.com