The British Esports Association is seeking volunteer tournament admins to help with the British Esports Championships for schools and colleges.
The Championships get underway on October 14th and will run across three games: League of Legends, Overwatch and Rocket League. Students aged 12+ at schools and colleges in the UK can participate.
We’re looking for someone who knows their game like the back of their hand, is passionate about organising tournaments and is familiar with tournament formats. Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading!
What is a tournament admin?
Tournament admins (sometimes called referees, officials) help to arrange seeding and fixtures of tournament brackets, record the outcome of matches, ensure players don’t break the rules and hand out penalties if they do. You will work with the other admins to cover matches across the week, moderate Discord and act as an ambassador for the British Esports Championships.
- Help run the tournament on the day
- Be the first point of contact for teachers with disputes or issues
- Establish a relationship with the community
- Must be easily contactable on match days
- This will be weekdays between 12-5pm, usually Wednesday
- Discord is our main method of communication – you must be available to join support voice channels
- Moderation of the Champs Discord
- Report to Champs Project Manager, School and College Liaison Officers
- Experience playing in or running tournaments
- In-depth understanding of the game you’re applying for
- Great interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team
- Able to make impartial decisions and respectfully communicate the outcome to players and teachers
- Must be able to attend free safeguarding training on 3rd October in London/Slough and go through DBS checks (British Esports will pay for this)
Nice to have
- Previous esports admin experience
- DBS checked
- Experience working with young people
- Customer service experience
Benefits of getting involved
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for more experience in esports and to work on an exciting, growing gaming project within schools and colleges.
Through working for us, you can:
- Meet like-minded people
- Help support grassroots esports
- Inspire students in schools and colleges
- Get your foot in the door for possible future work in the esports industry
- Get free safeguarding training and DBS check
- Receive advice and learn from the experts at British Esports
How to apply
Please fill out this application form and include a CV and a cover letter telling us why you’d be perfect for the role.
Applications will close on 2nd September.
If you’re interested in being notified of other volunteer positions at British Esports, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org