Last week several legal experts and esports executives gathered at the University of Westminster to take part in a panel discussing law and esports.
Titled ‘Demystifying esports: what are esports and what’s law got to do with it’, the discussion was organised in conjunction with media law firm Sheridans.
The panel consisted of the following, including British Esports advisory board members Josh Williams, Carleigh Morgan and Andrew Nixon:
- Daniel Geey, partner in the Sport Group at Sheridans
- Jonny Madill, Associate in the Sport Group at Sheridans
- Malph Minns, MD of Strive Sponsorship
- Chris Paget, Sheridans esports lawyer (read our interview with Chris on esports contract advice here)
- Carleigh Morgan, PhD candidate at King’s College, London
- Andrew Nixon, Partner in the Sport Group at Sheridans
- Guy Osborn, Professor of Law at Westminster Law School
- Jon Tilbury, Strategy Manager at GAME
- Josh Williams, founder of the National University Esports League (NUEL)You can watch the full panel discussion below, courtesy of the University of Westminster: