The British Esports Association is often contacted by the media – online publications, newspapers, radio and TV broadcasters – for our views on esports news and other games industry topics.
You can see some of the coverage we’ve received below.
- Dot Esports: British Esports Association creates an esports guide for parents (October 2019)
Esports Insider: British Esports Association launches tournament for alternative provision schools (December 2018)
GamesIndustry.biz: Esports Global Fund launches backed by British Esports Association (June 2019)
- The Sun: Help your kids turn their gaming obsession into a lucrative and enjoyable career (May 2019)
- GQ: No, this isn’t boxing or MMA… esports is muscling in (November 2018)
- Business Leader: British Esports Association partners with epic.LAN (August 2018)
- GamesIndustry.biz: British Esports Association, West Ham and GAME team up for activity week (September 2018)
- Windows Central: British Esports Association aims to recruit young talent with new tournament (July 2018)
- Dot Esports: British Esports Association partners with Twitch Student to grow esports in schools (July 2018)
- Esports Insider: Chester King on developing British champions (July 2017)
BBC Breakfast/News/World News: Interviews with Elliot Bond, schools and colleges liaison officer (July 2019)
- Sky News: Interview with Elliot Bond, schools and colleges liaison officer (July 2019)
- TRT World (Sky channel): British Esports founder and CEO Chester King took part in an esports roundtable discussion show here:
- BT Sport: British Esports content director Dominic Sacco was featured in this BT Sport Takeover show on esports. It was produced by students from Newham College and also featured others in esports including members of Fnatic and Team Vitality.
- BBC Radio 5 Live: interview with Andy Payne OBE, British Esports chair, on the business of esports (July 2019)
- BBC Radio Lancashire: Schools and colleges liaison officer Alice Leaman spoke about esports (September 2019)
British Esports Association schools and colleges liaison officer Alice Leaman was part of a panel discussing esports on BBC Radio Lancashire in September 2019.
Alice spoke about women in esports among other topics – you can check out a clip from the show and the full programme in the tweet link below.
SOUND ON 🔈
They’re eager to get more girls on their teams 👇
— BBC Lancashire (@BBCLancashire) September 24, 2019
- BBC Radio Nottingham: Kyle Cherry, FE games technology tutor at the Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, which takes part in the British Esports Championships (July 2019)
- BBC Radio Scotland: Tom Dore, British Esports head of education (July 2019)
- Sky News Radio: Tom Dore, British Esports head of education (July 2019)
- BBC Radio General News Service (11 regions including Leicester, Surrey, Wiltshire and more): Tom Dore, British Esports head of education (July 2019)
British Esports regularly attends and speaks at various gaming, esports and industry events. Here are some highlights:
- EGX 2019: British Esports’ Dominic Sacco hosted a panel on getting a career in esports at the EGX Theatre, broadcast live on Twitch, and was also interviewed by BT Sport. The panel consisted of British Esports advisory board member Mary Antieul, game adviser Mike ‘Gregan’ Ellis, school and college liaison officer Alice Leaman and Excel Esports co-founder Kieran Holmes-Darby