As we pass November’s midway mark and sail towards the end of the year, the British Esports Championships for schools and colleges are progressing nicely.
Student esports coordinator Natacha Jones provides an update from the Champs so far.
This week marks the start of the playoffs for two of the tournaments, as the Swiss stage has ended.
In League of Legends Schools, the 8 teams progressing to quarter finals are:
- Beyond Reality (Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School)
- Alsager Esports (Alsager School)
- Fortes Esports (Carmel College)
- Wycliffe R (Wycliffe School)
- Wycliffe Z (Wycliffe School)
- SMSJ Divinity (St Mary and St John’s School)
- The Armoured Saints (St Augustines)
- SJF Falcons (St John Fisher Catholic Academy)
In Rocket League Colleges, the 8 teams progressing to quarter finals are:
- SRCulater (Southern Regional College)
- NC Dodos (Northampton College)
- Seers A (Sunderland College)
- Seers B (Sunderland College)
- Leviathan (Callywith College)
- BGLZ Spartans (Coleg Gwent – Ebbw Vale)
- Crosskeys Kings (Coleg Gwent – Crosskeys)
- Chesterfield Conquerors (Chesterfield College)
Updates from other tournaments:
- Engage (East Norfolk) are leading LoL Colleges Group A whilst Farnborough Falcons (Farnborough Sixth Form) are leading LoL Colleges Group B, with both undefeated in groups so far
- Confetti Arrows (Confetti College) are No.1 in Overwatch Colleges, having only dropped 2 maps so far
- SJF Falcons (St John Fisher Academy) are leading Overwatch Schools Group A whilst The Brights (Ysgol John Bright) are leading Group B
- SMSJ Trinity (St Mary and St John’s School) are top of Rocket League Schools Group A, while Fortes Esports (Carmel College) are top of Group B – both are undefeated in groups
Note: not all of the tournaments are progressing to the playoff stage this week as others have more teams, so they are playing in the Swiss/Group stage for a little bit longer (no longer than 1 or 2 weeks, still within the 6-week window).
Follow British Esports on Twitter for more content from the #BritishEsportsChamps and use the hashtag to share your content with us!