The British Esports Association, in partnership with AoC Sport, is hosting a special forum and networking event all about competitive gaming and how colleges can get involved with the growing trend.
An expert panel consisting of members of the British Esports Association, colleges taking part in our British Esports Championships and industry experts will speak about the benefits of esports.
The Esports in Further Education Forum will take place on Thursday May 23rd at Sixways Stadium, Warriors Way, Hindlip, WR3 8ZE. Special thanks to the home of Worcester Warriors for their support in hosting this event.
It’s free to attend, with refreshments and lunch provided to delegates.
What will be covered?
- What esports is and how it can increase attendance levels, promote teamwork, leadership and communication skills and help students make new friends
- Learn why esports is recognised as a game in the UK and not a sport, and how it sits in harmony with traditional sports
- Understand the esports ecosystem in the UK and the size of esports
- The work of British Esports including the school and college Championships
- The opportunities to collaborate on ground-breaking projects, linking traditional sports with esports to engage a wider demographic of young people
There will also be expert advice about how you can set up your own esports club from scratch, info on the key games, how esports works, the size of the industry and the career opportunities it offers.
Programme details (subject to alteration):
- 10.30am Registration and refreshments – A chance to network with colleagues
- 11am Impact and the industry: what is esports – we’ll hear from an industry leader about the impact of esports
- 11.45am Student voice – a chance to learn about the experiences of students taking part in esports
- 12.30pm Lunch and networking
- 1.30pm Keynote session – Chester King, British Esports Association CEO
- 2.15pm Sharing of best practice panel – hear from successful college esports programmes
- 3pm Close and depart
This event is expected to sell out and tickets will be given on a first come, first served basis, so sign up now to avoid missing out.