Our school and college liaison officer Alice Leaman looks back on last week’s British Esports Championships playoff matches from March 2nd to 6th and ahead to the first quarter finals this week!
League of Legends
The top 16 matches in the elimination stage were played last week.
The results were as follows…
- Hardye School 1- 0 Farnborough 6th Peregrines
- Alsager School 1-0 Wycliffe K
- Art of the Int Lincoln College 1-0 Farnborough 6th Gyrfalcons
- AGSB Esports 1-0 Reckless Nobilis
- CONEL 2 1-0 Millfield LoL
- WykeSixthFormCollege 0-1 Studio Spitfires
- SDC Gravity 1-0 Llandrillo Dragons LOL
- Hills Road BDC 1-0 Heckmondwike Hotshots
View this week’s quarter final match-ups here and below:
Looking at the last 16 results in Rocket League now, here are the results from last week:
- QMC2 4-0 Carmel RL
- Seers 1 4-1 Seers 2
- Hunters 0-4 Basilisk
- AGSB 4-0 Easthampstead Park
- QMC1 1-4 The Ferrers Esports
- Marling Matadors RL 4-0 WLC Menagerie
- DON’T PANiC! 4-1 University College School
- Felsted School1 4-1 Farnborough Falcons
This means we also have the Rocket League quarter finalists confirmed. You can see them here and below:
We are not quite onto the quarter finals in Overwatch just yet.
Looking back on last week’s matches, in group A, Nescot Nemesis and Northampton College Dodos tied for 15 points. Now Nescot will need to win their match in the last week in order to maintain that top spot!
In group B, TTS Esports Red’s victory over Farnborough Merlins ensured they’re currently top. Arthur Terry are close behind with 12 points. Will they be able to overtake in the last week of the tournament?
Then, in group C, we have a current three-way tie in 12 points, with Wyke Gamer Girlz, Confetti Arrows and Nescot Phoenix. Wyke and Confetti both have the chance to increase their points with their matches next week.
Elsewhere, Coventry Crosshairs lead the way with a dominant 15 points in group D, while Gower College Swansea also have 15 points in group E. Will Fisher Falcons be able to contest them for the top spot?
In the last few groups, Wyke Whiteboard Warriors and KES Scorpions are tied for first place in group F, with both on 12 points. Their fixture against each other this week will decide who keeps first place!
Carmel Overwatch and Farnborough Peregrines are tied with 12 points in group G – the final week will be the decider! And Seers are on top in group H with 15 points. There are many strong teams in this Overwatch tournament and we’re sure things will get close as we move toward the knockout stages.